Sunday, July 13, 2008

4c - TEXT READINGS/PROJECT 3

For components b and c of project 4, we will spend our time in dialogue and reflection of our classmates' work from project 3.

I decided to read more about Meredith's comparison of Sacramento and Fresno (inland areas). Since I know more about Sacramento I was curious about her thoughts and comparisons to Fresno. Even though there are many things to do in both cities, locals and tourists aren't flocking to them as particularly interesting places to visit despite the wealth of things to do culturally. I didn't realize they are just about the same size in population being that they are both inland cities and Sacramento is the capitol of California. Sacramento has rivers flowing through the city and Fresno is landlocked, which I wasn't aware of. Also Sacramento being the capitol is more involved in politics that Fresno, which surprised me.

No comments: